We decided to switch to a much simpler way of organizing our work in the future after sticking to a somewhat scrum-infected Kanban based way of organizing our work in the past.
The basic priciples are:
- the complete team concentrates on one feature at a time
- we have a dedicated person that takes care of incoming noise (e.g. support requests and bug reports), assigned for a full week
- we do not estimate effort any more
- we cut down on features if we see we will not be able to deliver within one work week
- we have a stakeholder to work with the team on the feature who is able to make decisions